This Pudding is a little indulgent with the cream, cheese, and egg, but every now and then I think you’re allowed.
- PREP TIME: 10 mins
- COOK TIME: 1 hr
- TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 10 mins
INGREDIENTS Of Cheddar Pudding (British)
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cayenne, optional
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 oz. cheddar, shredded
Also Read: Lavender Chicken
INSTRUCTIONS Of Cheddar Pudding (British)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Let the corn thaw (this is very important). Place the milk and half the corn in a blender or food processor and puree.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the corn / milk mixture, half and half, eggs, cornmeal, honey, cayenne, salt and the rest of the corn kernels.
- Be sure to whisk well so that the egg is well incorporated, otherwise you will end up with pieces of cooked egg in your pudding.
- If your corn is still frozen, the honey will not dissolve, so make sure it is no longer cold. Shred 4 ounces of cheddar cheese.
- Stir in half of the corn pudding mixture. Coat an 8 × 8 baking dish (or similar size) with a non-stick spray and pour the pudding.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Bake in the preheated oven for about an hour or until the center of the pudding trembles like a bowl full of jelly.
- Check the pudding about 50 minutes by gently shaking the dish.
- If the center moves like a liquid, let it cook a little longer.
- Let the pudding sit for about five minutes after cooking. Serve hot!