A cheese lollipop is… so… so cute! My friend showed me this recipe, and I made it the next day for Children’s Day. I even made little baskets with it to serve the lollipops.A cheesy lollipop is a great idea for kids.
Ingredients for Cheese lollipop
- 4 pieces of bread
- 1 cup of soft cheese spread
- 8 slices of cheddar
- 8 slices of roasted red peppers
- 8 slices of mild white cheese (mozzarella)
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- salt to taste
How to make Cheese lollipop
- Microwave the bread for 15-30 seconds to make it softer. Spread a quarter of the soft cheese over the bread to the edges. Top with a single layer of 2 slices of cheddar cheese, 2 slices of roasted red peppers and 2 slices of mild cottage cheese.
- Starting from one of the shorter ends, roll into a log. Cut into 9 equal pieces.Melt 1 tablespoon of butter on a hotplate over medium-low heat. Place the circles on the dish, cut side down. Heat for 3 to 5 minutes, until the cheese begins to melt and brown.
- Turn over. Season with a pinch of salt and continue cooking until golden brown. Remove to a plate and continue cooking the remaining circles, adding 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan between batches.
For a fun presentation, poke a lollipop stick into each circle. Serve hot.