Wontons is a traditional Chinese American appetizer.
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 20 wonton wrappers
- 3 tbsp green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp candy onions minced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp Thai candy chili sauce
- In a bowl mix cream cheese with chopped green onions, minced candy onions, sugar and salt. Crack an egg right into a small bowl and whisk it. Set aside.
- To wrap the wonton 1 tablespoon of cream cheese combination onto the center of a wonton wrapper. Do now no longer overfill.
- Using a finger/brush all 4 aspects of the wonton wrapper with egg combination. brushing facet of wonton wrapper with egg wash. Pick up contrary corners and press them to every other, then choose up the opposite contrary corners to the center and press the perimeters collectively to seal and near the seams.
- Folding wonton wrapper round cream cheese filling. Repeat Step 1-1 till all of the cream cheese combination are gone. When all of the wontons are wrapped, pre-warmth oven to 400°F. Brush or spray vegetable oil throughout wontons, then line them up onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Bring wontons into oven and bake for 7-7 minutes. Remove from oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Serve with Thai candy chili sauce and enjoy.
- Instead of baking the wontons, air fry at 350°F for 10-10 minutes. Make certain to area out wontons and do now no longer overlap and overcrowd them withinside the air fryer.