Preparation Time: Baking Time: 15 minutes Baking Temperature: 200°C (400°F) Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 12 fingers
4 whole wheat bread slices
For The Topping
5 tbsp grated processed cheese
2 tbsp soft butter
freshly ground black peppercorns (kalimirch) to taste
3/4 cup thinly grated carrot
3 tbsp fresh cream
1/2 tsp green chilli paste
salt to taste
- Combine the butter, cheese and pepper powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the carrot, cream, green chilli paste, and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Toast the bread slices in a pop-up toaster till they are crisp and brown in colour from both the sides.
- Place each toasted bread slice on a dry, surface and spread a portion of the mixture evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Cut each toast into 3 equal pieces vertically and serve immediately with tomato ketchup.