Although generally referred to as the “something special” ingredient, scallops make a perfect overnight dinner as they cook in minutes. For good crispy cooking, be patient and let the pan get hot enough before adding the scallops. Once you’ve done that, leave them alone to ensure a deep golden crust. Mix them with pasta and candy-colored cherry tomatoes that pop and turn into a jam sauce. Finish with a shower of fresh, tender herbs and a drizzle of olive oil.
INGREDIENTS Of Cherry Tomato and Scallop Pasta
- 12 cherry tomatoes gently crushed with a fork but still intact
- 8 large scallops if using frozen, thaw before use; rinsed and patted dry on paper kitchen towels
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus a bit more to finish before serving
- 15 grams butter cubed
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes to taste
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 2 servings (about 120 grams) of spaghetti or any pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese optional
- finely chopped parsley
- sea salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS Of Cherry Tomato and Scallop Pasta
- Arrange the cherry tomatoes and scallops one layer in an ovenproof dish. Drizzle with olive oil and spread the butter, chili flakes and garlic over the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper. Bake the casserole dish in a preheated 200 ° C (392 ° F) oven for 15 minutes.
- While cooking, bring a pot of water to a boil with 1 tablespoon of added salt. Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Reserve a small cup of pasta water. Drain the hot pasta and add directly to the cooked casserole dish.
- Mix to evenly coat, adding a little starchy water to help bond everything together if necessary.
- Season the pasta to taste with salt and pepper. Divide the pasta between two serving plates, sprinkle over the cheese and parsley.
- Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil as a finishing touch before serving.