Chhena Poda is a traditional dessert from Odisha, made from caramelized sugar. This popular dessert is a must at home at auspicious festivals like Durga Puja. A fresh, fluffy and spongy paneer is best for this recipe. The fine and crumbly mixture of paneer when poured over caramelized sugar gives this delicious Chhena Poda which should be savored immediately. Make sure to cook the mixture well as directed in the recipe.
Ingredients Of Chhena Poda
- 1.5 cup – fresh paneer
- 1/2 cup – sugar
- 2 tbsp – semolina
- A pinch of cadamom
- 1 tbsp – ghee
- Handful of raisins and cashews
ALSO READ: Whole Wheat Nankhatai (Diwali Special)
How to Make Of Chhena Poda
- Prepare a new breadcrumb and leave it aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Do not tighten it very hard, a spongy texture with a little humidity is enough.
- Heat the small ghee in a saucepan, roast the cashews and set aside. Now take the paneer in a bowl and mix it with semolina and cardamom.
- Start kneading it until you get a very puree quality, it will take 3-4 minutes. Add the sugar and nuts and mix again with paneer thoroughly to finally obtain a crumbly mixture.
- Now, in the ramekins, spread a little ghee and keep them on low heat to melt them well. Add sugar and let caramelize for one minute.
- Pour the paneer mixture over the caramelized sugar. Press it with your fingers to form a uniform surface.
- Preheat the oven to 185 ° C and make sure to cover the ramekin with aluminum foil and cook the ramekins for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick to check if it is cooked. Let it cool for a while and remove it from the ramekin.
- Serve it hot.