This comfort food hotdish offers a new twist on the usual hash brown casserole. Try it for everyday meals as well as potlucks!
- 12 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Bake 1 hr
- Stand 10 mins
Ingredients of Chicken and Corn Hash-Brown Bake
- 1 10 3/4 – ounce can reduced-fat and reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 8 – ounce carton dairy sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons dried dillweed or dried basil, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 28 – ounce package frozen diced hash brown potatoes with onions and peppers, thawed
- 2 cups chopped smoked or roasted chicken or turkey
- 2 cups fresh sweet corn kernels, one 10-ounce package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed (2 cups), or one 15.25-ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 8 – ounce package cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 8 – ounce package shredded Colby, cheddar or Swiss cheese (2 cups)
- 1 cup seasoned croutons, coarsely crushed (optional)
Also Read: Stuffed Party Pinwheels (Potluck)
Directions of Chicken and Corn Hash-Brown Bake
- In a very large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, milk, dill and pepper.
- Stir in potatoes, chicken or turkey, corn, cream cheese and 1/2 cup Colby cheese.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish (3 quart rectangular). Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and mix the mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups Colby cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 40 minutes more or until the top is golden and the potatoes are tender, sprinkled with croutons, if desired, for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Makes 12 servings.