It is a high calcium base receipe. Calcium is important for bone health. Vitamin D increases the absorption of calcium, and may promote strong or healthier bones.
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bulb fennel, quartered, cored and thinly sliced (keep chopped feathery tops for garnish)
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 225 g boneless, skinless chicken breast, very thinly sliced
- 8 whole-wheat pitas (10 cm each)
- 90 g shredded mozzarella (or provolone) cheese
Also Read: Cream Stuffed Prunes (Calcium Rich)
- Preheat the oven to 260 ° C.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the fennel and red pepper
- Cook and stir often until the vegetables begin to soften (about 5 minutes).
- Add the chicken and cook for another 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Place the pitas on a baking sheet and garnish each with an equal portion of the chicken and vegetable mixture; sprinkle with cheese and pepper.
- Cook until cheese melts and turns golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle over chopped fennel and serve hot.