Lasagnas, as anyone who loves Italian food or our favorite cartoon character, Garfield, will tell you, is a tasty meal of pasta leaves, minced meat or vegetables, cheese and béchamel sauce layered in a rectangular dish.
INGREDIENTS of CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM LASAGNA
- 20 cannelloni sheets
- 200 g (7 oz) chicken breast
- 50 g (2 oz) sliced ham
- 200 g (7 oz) mushrooms
- One onion
- One clove of garlic
- 250 g (9 oz) tomato sauce
- White wine
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Gruyère cheese
For the béchamel:
- 500 g milk
- 50 g (2 oz) butter
- 50 g (2 oz) flour
Method of CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM LASAGNA
- Salt and pepper the chicken breasts and grill them in a pan with a drizzle of oil on medium heat until they are completely cooked. Chop them and set them aside.
- Wash the mushrooms and chop them. Dice the onion and garlic clove. In the same pan you used to grill the chicken breasts, brown the diced onion and garlic with a pinch of generous oil for about ten minutes over low heat.
- Add the mushrooms and white wine. Cook over medium heat until the alcohol has evaporated. Far from the heat, mix the mushrooms with the cooked chicken, the sliced ham and the tomato sauce.
- Make the béchamel. Melt the butter and add the flour. Bake for about three minutes until it loses the flavor of the raw flour, stirring continuously to avoid burning. Pour the hot milk all at once. Season with salt and pepper and whisk until thickened over medium heat. 5. Boil the cannelloni pasta sheets according to the directions on the package. Cool and drain them and assemble the lasagna immediately
- In a suitable baking dish, add a tablespoon of béchamel to the bottom and a layer of cooked cannelloni leaves on top. Then add a layer of garnish, another layer of cannelloni leaves and another layer of béchamel; then another for the garnish, another for the cannelloni leaves and finish with béchamel and grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 180 ºC for around 20 minutes to reheat it again and finish with an oven stroke to brown the cheese.
If you are using cannelloni leaves, you can prepare individual portions that will not collapse when you serve them. You can also assemble them in individual bowls to make them easier to distribute.