Chicken Lollipops: A crisp and juicy Indian chicken dish that is most often found on the snack menu of each Indian restaurant. Coated with a luscious garlic and ginger paste, the chicken wings are fried to perfection. Chicken lollipops are often served with Sichuan sauce. You can now make this chicken dish at home and serve it on your dinner snack plate with this quick and easy chicken recipe, prepared in less than 30 minutes with the most common ingredients.
Ingredients of Chicken Lollipops
for 4 servings
- 6 full-size chicken wings
2 cups- oil, for frying(500 mL)
2 teaspoons- chilli powder
2 tablespoons- ginger garlic paste
1 teaspoon= pepper
1 teaspoon= salt
2 tablespoons= soy sauce
½ cup- flour (60 g)
½ cup- cornflour (60 g)
1 tablespoon- chilli powder
- 1 egg
¼ cup- water (60 ml)
ALSO READ: Low Carb Blueberry Lemon Custard Cake
Preparation of Chicken Lollipops
- Add all the ingredients for the marinade to a bowl and mix until well combined, set aside.
- Cut a full-size chicken wing into three parts along the joints. Discard the tip of the wing. For the drum (the upper part, fleshy, to a wing bone), cut along the circumference of the thin end so that the bone and the meat are no longer linked.
- Then push the meat so that the drum becomes a lollipop.
- For the fin (the middle two-bone part of the wing), separate where the two bones meet and also cut along the circumferences of the two ends, so that the bone and the meat are no longer connected.
- Remove the thinnest bone and push the meat into one end of the thinnest bone. Place the prepared chicken lollipops in the marinade.
- Stir and cover. Leave to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Mix all the ingredients for the dough until smooth without lumps.
- Dip the meat ends of the chicken lollipops in the batter.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil to 170˚C.
- Fry the chicken for 5 minutes or until the dough turns golden and the chicken is cooked all over. Enjoy!