This chicken quesadilla recipe has an impressive look and taste with little preparation. The leftover chicken gets Mexican flair from cumin in this fun main dish.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Cook Time: 1 hr
Ingredients Of Chicken Quesadillas
- 1 packet tortillas (golden crust makes great ones)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 100 gm chicken, boiled and shredded (you can substitute with 1 cup mushrooms, sliced fine)
- 1 bowl hung yogurt
- 2 tsp coriander, chopped
- 2 tsp spring onion, chopped fine
- 2 green chillies, finely cut or 2-3 jalapeno peppers, cut
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped fine
- Sour cream (hung yoghurt whisked with lemon juice)
- For taco powder (mix together):
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- A pinch of chilli powder
- A pinch of onion salt
- A pinch of oregano
Also Read: Guacamole
How to Make Chicken Quesadillas
- Place all the ingredients together.
- Boil the chicken and grate it. Sprinkle the taco powder over the chicken.
- Whisk the cilantro, spring onion and peppers in the hanging yogurt. Season with salt.
- Open a flour tortilla and layer it with the yogurt mixture. Add a little cheese and garnish with chicken or mushrooms cooked in garlic and sprinkled with taco powder.
- Sprinkle more cheese.
- Heat very little oil and cook until light brown. Return.
- Take out the tortilla and cut it into triangles.
- Serve with cream, salsa and guacamole.