Wontons are small pieces of ground meat wrapped in wheat-based packaging. The best and easiest fried chicken wontons ever! Takes 20 minutes to do including packaging, Super crispy and delicious recipe to make at home.
Ingredients Of Chicken Wontons
- PAM Cooking Spray
- 1/2 pound chicken tenders approximately 5
- 6 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1-2 tablespoons minced shallots or yellow onion finely diced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 20 2- inch wonton wrappers
- 1 large egg beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
Also Read: Air Fryer Donut Sticks
Instructions Of Chicken Wontons
- Spray medium pan with PAM cooking spray and add chicken, Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Place the pan on medium-high heat and cook 2 to 3 minutes, spray the pan again with PAM Cooking Spray and turn the chicken over.
- Continue to turn the chicken every 2 to 3 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and turns golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Afterthat cool the chicken. Once cool, coarsely chop the chicken and set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, mix and combine, cream cheese, shallots, garlic, green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil and sriracha.
- Once the chicken has cooled and ground add it to the cream cheese mixture. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a large baking sheet with PAM Cooking Spray. In a small bowl, add the egg and 1 teaspoon of water, whisk until frothy and set aside.
- Assemble the wontons: Place the wrappers on your work surface, then pour about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture in the center.
- Then, using your fingers (I use my middle and pointer fingers together), rub the edges of the packages with an egg / water mixture. Pull both sides and pinch in the center, reveal the other two sides, creating an “X”, and seal all the edges together by pinching them.
- Place the wonton on the prepared pan and repeat with the remaining wontons and garnish.
- Place the wontons in a single layer on the prepared pan, place in the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden and crisp.