A savory Tamilian snack made with chickpeas, grated coconut, mustard seeds, and curry leaves. This salty chickpea sundal is a popular south Indian festival food.
Ingredients of Chickpea Sundal
- 1 cup white Chana , soaked overnight, pressure cooked until soft
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Green Chillies
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon hing
- 2 tablespoons Fresh coconut , grated
- Coriander Leaves
How to Make Chickpea Sundal
- Heat oil in a pan on heat; add the mustard seeds and allow it to crackle.
- Once it crackles, stir in the ginger, green chillies, asafoetida, salt and the cooked chickpeas.
- Stir-fry for a few minutes until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Turn off heat and stir in the coconut and coriander leaves.
- Serve the Chickpea Sundal hot as healthy tea time snack or breakfast.