It will help with the frying if your tortillas are a little dry. If they are fresh, cut them first, put them in a warm oven for a few minutes first to dry them out a bit, then proceed.
Ingredients Chilaquiles Recipe (Mexican)
For the Salsa Verde
- 1 1/2 pounds of tomatillo roasted or boiled.
- 1 Poblano Pepper deseeded and without the skin.
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- 1 Jalapeño optional
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 tbsp Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Chilaquiles
- 20 Corn Tortillas cut into triangles baked (preferred) or fried.
- 2 eggs over easy or over hard
- 1 tbsp Mexican Crema
- 1 tbsp Queso Fresco or cotija
- 1 Avocado chopped, optional
Also Read: Carnation Famous Fudge
Instructions of Chilaquiles Recipe (Mexican)
- Add all the ingredients for the salsa verde in a good blender and mix until everything is broken down, but not too smooth.
- Add the mixed salsa to a hot pan with a teaspoon of olive oil and cook for 5 minutes, adding additional chicken broth if desired.
- Pour the salsa verde over the baked tortillas (or fries) if you want a crunchier texture, or add the tortilla chips to the salsa itself for a softer texture.
- Garnish with queso fresco, egg, avocado and Mexican cream.