Extra crunchy air-fried spring rolls loaded with spicy Indochinese chili paneer and tangy Asian coleslaw.
Course: Aperitif, Side dish, Snack
Cuisine: Chinese, Indian
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
Equipment: air fryer
- 16 TYK spring rolls thawed, ready to use
- 6 oz crumbled Paneer
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- ½ cup finely chopped yellow onions
- ⅓ cup very finely chopped green pepper
- ¼ cup chopped white part of green onions / green onions
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
- ½ Serrano / Jalapeño chopped
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of Sriracha sauce
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt or your choice
- 2 cups finely grated cabbage
- 1 cup of grated carrots
- ½ cup chopped green parts of scallions / scallions
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt or your choice
- 2 teaspoons of rice vinegar
Prepare the paneer chilli filling
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the minced garlic, the grated ginger, the chopped white part of the green onions and the chopped serrano / jalapeno in oil
- Sauté over medium heat until the raw garlic smell is gone. Do not burn / brown.
- To the pan, add the chopped onions and green peppers. Sauté over high / medium heat for a few minutes, still keeping them crunchy.
- Add black pepper powder, rice vinegar, salt, soy sauce, sriracha sauce and tomato ketchup. Mix well.
- Add the crumbled paneer and mix well. Turn off the heat and keep it aside.
Make the Asian coleslaw
- Combine all the ingredients listed under “Asian Coleslaw”. Gently massage with your hands. Keep it aside.
Make the spring rolls
- For this step, the dough of spring rolls must be thawed in advance. I like to take the package out of the freezer and keep it in the fridge overnight. Take the package out of the fridge and for 30 minutes, let it sit outside. Take it out of the wrapper just before you are ready to roll. Once you take it out of the packaging, keep it wrapped in a damp cloth or damp paper towel and work with one at a time.
- Place a sprint roller sheet on a flat surface. Fill each package of spring rolls with 1 to 2 tablespoons of coleslaw and 1 tablespoon of the chili breading mixture. Place the filling just below the center of the package.
- Fold the bottom corner / tip over the filling and gently tuck underneath.
- Then fold both sides and start rolling tightly, not too much so that the wrapper will crack.
- Spread some water on the end of the unfolded corner using your finger to seal the wrapper. Place the prepared spring roll under a damp cloth or damp paper towel so that they do not dry out.
- Repeat with the rest of the coleslaw, chili paneer mixture and wrappers to make as many spring rolls as possible.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 ° F. Spray oil into the basket of the air fryer. Place the prepared spring rolls in a single layer and spray oil on each one. Do not overload the basket with rolls, air fry them in several batches if necessary.
- Air fry them for 12 to 15 minutes, turning over and spraying rollers in the middle.
- If you are baking them, preheat them to 425 ° F. Brush the rolls with oil. Bake them for 20 minutes, flipping them at 10 minutes. Or until they get crispy.
- If you fry them, fry them in hot oil over medium heat on both sides until crispy all around.
- Serve them hot with a mixture of soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sriracha sauce and a dash of sesame oil.