This Chinese chicken curry recipe is so quick to make, you won’t be dialing your takeout restaurant any time soon! It’s also loads healthier and more filling!
- Prep Time:10 minutes
- Cook Time:25 minutes
- Total Time:35 minutes
Ingredients of CHINESE CHICKEN CURRY
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs cut in bite sized pieces
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Chinese 5 spice powder
- 400ml/1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 potatoes medium
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 150g/1 cup sugar snap peas
- salt to taste
- chopped cilantro/coriander for serving
Also Read: Jamaican Jerk Chicken With Rice And Peas
Instructions of CHINESE CHICKEN CURRY
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce with cornstarch, then add the chicken pieces and set aside until needed.
- Prepare the vegetables by chopping the onion, peeling and grating the ginger, peeling and cutting the potatoes and chopping the garlic.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a deep skillet or wok and add the chopped onions and ginger.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, then add the chopped garlic and cook for a few seconds. Make sure not to burn the garlic.
- Add curry powder, turmeric and the 5 spice powder, mix until you can smell the aromatics.
- Add the chicken with the marinade and cook it for a few minutes, so that the chicken is sealed but not fully cooked.
- Add the chicken broth and deglaze the pan, scraping the pieces stuck to the bottom with a wooden spatula.
- Then add the potatoes and bring everything to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Then add the chopped red peppers and snow peas and cook for 5 more minutes.
- At the end, taste and add a pinch of salt if necessary.
- Serve over steamed white or brown rice, sprinkled with chopped fresh cilantro and green onions.