Chinese dosa recipe | Spring dosa recipe | Schezwan dosa recipe. A fusion of southern Indian dosa recipes and Indo-Chinese cuisine prepared very similar to the popular vegetable spring rolls recipe. This recipe evolved as popular street fast food of India, especially in the streets of Mumbai.
Basically a fusion of 2 food recipes and is prepared and stuffed similar to the vegetable spring roll. In other words, prepared similar to masala dosa, but filled with noodles and sautéed vegetables instead of aloo bhaji or potato masala. In addition, the schezwan chutney is applied to the noodle dosa which technically replaces the red chutney.
Well to be honest I’m not a big fan of schezwan dosa or that dosa fusion recipe. I always prefer my favorite masala dosa or mysore masala dosa recipe. However, my husband is crazy about this spring dosa recipe and always asks me to make it with the leftover dosa dough. Perhaps he developed a taste for special mumbai schezwan dosa due to his frequent visit to mumbai. Usually you can use any dosa paste, but I used a homemade dosa masala paste made in a blender grinder.
Also, some important tips and variations for this amazing Chinese fusion dosa recipe. First, the dosa dough should be rolled out very thin, very similar to masala dosa. it basically helps to easily spread schezwan sauce and roll and cut them into spring rolls. second, I used a homemade schezwan sauce recipe, you can also use chili sauce as a spread on the dosa. Finally, you can serve these spring dosas with South Indian chutneys like coconut chutney or tomato chutney.
for the schezwan noodles:
▢ 2 teaspoon of oil
▢ 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
▢ 3 chives (finely chopped)
▢ 1 small bell pepper (thinly sliced)
▢ 1 carrot (finely grated)
▢ ½ cup cabbage (finely grated)
▢ 1 tablespoon of schezwan sauce
▢ 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
▢ salt to taste
▢ 1 teaspoon of vinegar
▢ 1 rice noodles / maggie / all noodles (cooked)
▢ 4 cup dosa paste
▢ 3 tablespoon of butter
▢ 3 teaspoon of schezwan sauce
Schezwan noodles recipe:
- First, in a large kadai or wok heat the oil.
- Add more garlic and sauté well.
- Also add the spring onions and continue with the sauce.
- Now add the vegetables and sauté for a minute or until they shrink slightly.
- Also add salt, schezwan sauce, soy sauce and vinegar.
- Also add cooked rice noodles or noodles of your choice.
- Mix gently without breaking the rice noodles and making sure the sauce is coated evenly. set aside.
How to prepare spring dosa:
- Pour in a ladle of dosa dough and roll it out in a thin circle in a circular motion.
- Add a spoonful of butter add the schezwan sauce
- Mix them together and spread.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of prepared schezwan noodles on one side as well.
- Cook until the bottom of the dosa turns golden brown.
- Then roll the dosa with the noodles.
- Finally, cut the schezwan noodle dosa or spring dosa into two halves and serve immediately with tomato sauce.