Prepare time: 20 min
Cook: 2 hr 30 min
Ready in: 2 hr 50 min
Chicken with Chinese noodles: combine this delicious dish with a risotto and a nice bottle of wine. This Italian favorite is easy to prepare and will impress your guests.
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/4 cup limoncello
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- Unsalted butter, for buttering the casserole dish
- 5 cups challah (about 8 oz)
- In a small saucepan, combine the cloves with cardamom, bay leaf, cinnamon and 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Add the fish, return to the boil, then reduce the heat to keep it boiling and poach the fish until cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Cover the potatoes with salted water in a saucepan, bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain the potatoes and let them cool completely.
- Add the potatoes in bowl with the fish and breadcrumbs, lime juice, coriander, cumin and chili, season with salt. Afterthat lightly mash the potatoes with the other ingredients until smooth. Form the mixture into six patties 3 inches wide and 3 to 4 inches thick.
- In a 12 inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the patties and cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Transfer the fish cakes to a serving dish and serve hot with mint chutney on the side.