This delicious cake pop recipe is great for making cake pops of all shapes and sizes. A fun edible party gift for a birthday party or special occasion, these popsicles can be personalized to suit your occasion with our wide variety of Candy Melts and colorful sprinkles. Wrap them in a gift bag to distribute as a gift or display them in a glass or on a cake tray for a fun bite-sized snack everyone will love.
INGREDIENTS of Chocolate Cake Pops
- Chocolate Cake, prepared (I used ½ of a 9×13 devils food box cake)
- Chocolate Frosting (amount depends on moistness of cake. I used two big spoonfuls. See video)
- 2 boxes Premium white chocolate ( I used Baker’s brand) *update* I now use candy melts
- cake pop sticks
INSTRUCTIONS of Chocolate Cake Pops
- Add the cake to a large bowl. Crumble until it looks like fine crumbs Add the frosting a little at a time until the cake is moist and can keep a ball shape, but still slightly crumbly.
- Incorporate the frosting into the cake crumbs with your hands.
- Use a mini ice cream scoop and remove two scoops of cake mix.
- Roll the mixture into a ball . Repeat until all of the cake mix has been rolled into balls.
- Melt 4 ounces of white chocolate in the microwave.
- Dip the tip of the cake sticks in the white chocolate and insert them into the cake balls halfway.
- Freeze for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare all of your decorating supplies. Melt the remaining chocolate in a large cup.
- Remove the cake balls from the freezer.
- Carefully dip the cake balls in the chocolate until they are covered. Let the excess chocolate drain. Shake and tap gently if necessary.
- Add sprinkles when the chocolate is still wet. It will harden quickly.
- Stick the decorated cake pop in a block of polystyrene to complete the setting. Place in the freezer.
- Cover with a transparent bag and a ribbon to offer as a gift, if desired.
- Store in a cool place in a single layer, in an airtight container.