At the heart of these awesome parathas is a unique combination of cheese and chocolate.The interplay of these two ingredients gives the paratha a lovely gooey intensely chocolaty core! It is very important to serve the Chocolate Cheese Paratha immediately after preparation in order to relish every single bite – remember that cheese tends to get chewy if left for a while.
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 4 parathas
For The Stuffing
3/4 cup grated dark chocolate
5 tbsp grated processed cheese
For The Dough
1/2 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
a pinch of salt
whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
2 tsp ghee for cooking
For the stuffing
- Combine the dark chocolate and cheese in a deep bowl and mix very well.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
For the dough
- Combine the whole wheat flour and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
How to proceed
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4″) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the stuffing in the centre of the circle. Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal it tightly and flatten it.
- Roll out again into a 125 mm. (5″) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha on a medium flame using ½ tsp of ghee, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 to make 3 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
|Value per paratha||% Daily Values|
|Vitamin A||56.5 mcg||1%|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||0.1 mg||10%|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0 mg||0%|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||0.9 mg||7%|
|Vitamin C||0 mg||0%|
|Vitamin E||0.1 mg||1%|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)||7.3 mcg||4%|