Folks who love the flavor of the classic cookie will enjoy that same great flavor in these chocolate chip bars. This blondie recipe can be mixed up in a jiffy, tastes wonderful, and is perfect for occasions when company drops by unexpectedly or you need a treat in a hurry.
- Prep 15 min
- Cook 35 min
- Ready 50 min
|2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted|
|1 tsp baking powder|
|1⁄4 tsp baking soda|
|1 tsp salt|
|1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)|
|2⁄3 cup butter, melted|
|2 cup brown sugar, packed|
|2 egg, beaten|
|2 tbsp vanilla extract|
|1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish or line with parchment paper.
- Combine sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in nuts, if necessary, and set aside. Mix the melted butter and brown sugar until well combined, then cool slightly.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the brown sugar mixture. Add the dry ingredients little by little until they are combined.
- Roll out the dough in the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips on top. Bake for 35 minutes.