A bouquet of chocolate cupcakes will make your sweetheart melt. The cupcake is so moist, it melts in your mouth and the frosting is made with real melted chocolate for a silky smooth, super chocolatey frosting you won’t want to stop eating!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hours
INGREDIENTS of Chocolate Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Chocolate buttercream
How to Make Chocolate Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Now Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla together until combined.
- Put half of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Then half of the buttermilk. Gently whisk for a few seconds. Repeat with the remaining wet ingredients and buttermilk.
- Put the batter into the liners.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Frost cooled cupcakes however you’d like. Use chocolate buttercream these cupcakes. Top with sprinkles.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.