These adorable little Chocolate Easter Nests are easy to make and a fun treat for your Easter holiday parties.
INGREDIENTS Of Chocolate Easter Nests
- 1/2 cups dried chow mein noodle
- 2 ounces dark chocolate
- 2 ounces white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (the natural stuff may be better for you but the stuff with the creepy hydrogenated fat and other junk will give a much smoother finish to the nests)
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- Pinch of salt
- Mini chocolate eggs or jelly beans
INSTRUCTIONS Of Chocolate Easter Nests
- Divide the chow mein noodles evenly among 2 small bowls. Place the parchment paper on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the dark chocolate and half the butter. As soon as the chocolate melts, remove it from the heat and stir in the peanut butter and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the mixture of dark chocolate and peanut butter over 1 bowl of chow mein noodle noodles and toss to coat.
- Create 4 small nests on the prepared baking sheet and set aside. Then melt the white chocolate and the other half of the butter over medium-low heat.
- Pour over remaining chow mein noodles and toss to coat. Form 4 nests on the prepared baking sheet.
- Set the baking sheet aside for at least 4 hours or overnight. You can also place the nests in your refrigerator to speed things up.
- Carefully remove the nests from the baking sheet with a spatula or offset knife.
- Place small chocolate eggs or jelly beans inside the nests before serving.