This Chocolate Oreo Cake recipe is to die for! A moist chocolate cake full of Oreo icing! And not just any Oreo icing, it is FULL of crushed up Oreos. An Oreo lover’s dream.
- YIELD:serves 12
- ACTIVE TIME:45 minutes
- TOTAL TIME:4 hours
Ingredients of CHOCOLATE OREO CAKE
- For the Cake:
- 3/4 cup (about 3 3/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (about 3/4 ounce) cocoa powder
- 1/2 plus 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (about 4 1/3 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- For the Oreo whipped cream:
- 50 Oreo cookies
- 4 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Also Read: Easy Mexican Sopes
Direction of CHOCOLATE OREO CAKE
- Make a cake: set the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 350 ° C. Line the bottom of a 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper and lightly coat the inside of a non-stick spray. Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt into a large bowl; put aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk sugar, sour cream, oil, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Whisk the wet ingredients in the dry ingredients until smooth. Pour the batter into the pan and bake until the cake is just firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let the cake cool in the mold for 15 minutes, then remove from the mold to cool completely on a wire rack, about 1 hour.
- Carefully cut 6 Oreo cookies in half; put aside. Chop the remaining cookies into 1/4 inch pieces; put aside.
- To assemble the cake: make the Oreo whipped cream in 2 batches. In a bowl of the stand mixer fitted with a whisk, whisk 2 cups of cream at medium-high speed with a gentle peak, pour into a large bowl and refrigerate.
- In the same mixer bowl, whisk the remaining 2 1/2 cups cream, sugar and vanilla until soft. Add to the whipped cream.
- Place about 1 cup of whipped cream in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to decorate the cake. Add the chopped Oreos to the rest of the whipped cream.
- Slice the cake in half horizontally to create 2 layers. Place the bottom layer on a serving plate. Spread about 1/3 of Oreo whipped cream on the cake. Top with the second layer of cake and use the remaining Oreo whipped cream to frost the top and sides of the cake. Refrigerate in the refrigerator for about 2 hours to allow the cookies to soften.
- Place the reserved whipped cream in a pastry bag fitted with a star tip (whisk again if necessary). Pipe 12 rosettes of whipped cream around the perimeter of the cake and garnish with reserved Oreo cookie halves. To serve.