These chocolate Rice Krispie balls are a delicious crunchy sweet treat that kids of all ages will love!
Ingredients of Chocolate Rice Krispie Balls
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal, more for garnish
- 2 cups chocolate chunk, preferably dark, for coating
How to Make Chocolate Rice Krispie Balls
- Add the butter and peanut butter in a bowl. Microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir together the melted butter and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and rice cereal to the bowl.
- Mix together.
- Roll the mixture into balls.
- Place them on a wax paper-lined baking sheet and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Add the chocolate chunks in a bowl.
- Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Drop the frozen balls in the melted chocolate one at a time.
- Place back on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Garnish with additional rice cereal while the chocolate is still warm.
- Chill and Serve.