Chamcham is a traditional Bengali mithai. It is prepared with freshly prepared chena. After boiling, cool it completely and fill it with your favorite nuts. Chamcham is more delicious than normal rasgullas.
- PREP TIME:40 MINUTES
- COOK TIME:1 HOUR
- TOTAL TIME:1 HOUR 40 MINUTES
INGREDIENTS Of Chamcham
- 4 cups cows milk, full cream
- 2 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tbsp maida / plain flour, optional
FOR SUGAR SYRUP:
- 1½ cup sugar
- 8 cups water
- 2 pods cardamom / elachi
- 1 tsp ghee
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tbsp cream, optional
- ½ cup milk powder
- 2 tbsp saffron milk
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- ¼ cup coconut, desiccated
- 3 tbsp tutti frutti
ALSO READ: kaju katli (Diwali Special)
INSTRUCTIONS Of Chamcham
- First prepare the chenné by curdling the milk. drain completely.
- Hang for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, start kneading the paneer for 8 minutes.
- Add 1 more tablespoon of maida and mix well. Make small oval breadcrumbs.
- Boil 15 minutes in sugar syrup. Also keep aside until it cools completely.
- Take baked bread balls leaving the water behind.
- Separate them and stuff the sweet khoya. In addition, roll them in desiccated coconut.
- garnish with tutti frutti or dried fruit of your choice.