This homemade cinnamon swirl bread recipe is a family favorite and only requires a handful of basic ingredients. It’s sweet and tender with the most insanely gooey cinnamon swirl inside!
Ingredients of Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup warm wate
- 1 cup warm 2% milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
How To Make Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add milk, 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, butter, salt and 3 cups flour; beat them.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth for 10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar and punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half, sprinkle each with about 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal. Place in 2 greased loaf pans.
- Cover with towels; let rise in a warm place until doubled.
- Bake until golden brown, 40 minutes. Bread is ready to cut and serve.