This delicious brunch recipe does not need to only be enjoyed in restaurants. Making a delicious Classic Eggs Benedict breakfast at home is much easier than you think, especially when you whirl up the hollandaise sauce in the blender.
Ingredients of Classic Eggs Benedict
Blender Hollandaise Sauce:
- 3 very large egg yolks or 4 small yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or more if you like it more lemony
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper saucelike Tobasco
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- kosher salt to taste
- 8 poached eggs
- 8 English muffins split
- 8 ounces Canadian Bacon sliced or shaved
Instructions of Classic Eggs Benedict
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. Lightly toast the English muffins.
- Arrange on a baking sheet. Garnish with equal portions of Canadian bacon.
- Leave warm in the oven. Prepare poached eggs. If you are not able to do all 8 at the same time, don’t worry.
- At the end of the eggs, place each egg on top of the stack of English muffins and Canadian bacon in the oven to keep warm.
- To make the hollandaise, add the egg yolks, dijon, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce to the blender. Mix for only 5 seconds to combine.
- In a saucepan on the stove or in a glass dish in the microwave, melt the butter until it is hot and bubbling.
- While the blender is running at low speed, pour the hot butter in a regular, thick spray.
- The Dutch will thicken immediately. Do not mix too much, otherwise your sauce will thicken.
- As soon as all the butter is in, the sauce should be made.
- Add salt, if desired. Divide equal portions of Hollandaise over each egg.
- Garnish with chopped chives or freshly ground pepper. Serve immediately.