Coconut Shrimp Air Fryer: Coco and panko come together to create an incredibly crispy layer for this shrimp; use finely grated coconut to ensure better adhesion of the crust. If you cannot track finely grated coconut, press the coconut into your food processor or give it a quick cut until it is more finely ground. Fresh from your fryer and immersed in this sweet and spicy honey and lime sauce, this addictive application will make you feel as if you were on a Caribbean beach.
Preparation Time: 30 m
Cooking Time: 15 m
Total Time: 45 m
Ingredients For Coconut Shrimp Air Fryer
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 12 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 serrano chile, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
Steps To Make Coconut Shrimp From Air Fryer
- Mix the flour and pepper in a shallow dish. Lightly beat the eggs in a shallow second dish.
- Mix the coconut and panko in a shallow third dish. Hold each shrimp by the tail, dredge the flour mixture and shake off the excess. Then dip the shrimp in flour in the egg and let it drip any excess.
- Finally, dredge in the coconut mixture, pressing to adhere.
- Place on a plate. Cover shrimp well with oil spray.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place half of the shrimp in the fryer and cook about 3 minutes. Turn the shrimp over and continue cooking until golden brown, about 3 more minutes. Season with 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Repeat with the remaining shrimp.
- Meanwhile, mix honey, lime juice and serrano pepper in a small bowl for the sauce.
- Sprinkle fried shrimp with cilantro and serve with sauce.