Colcannon Potatoes is a ireland popular dish. Every Irish family has its own version or this classic dish.
Ingredients of Colcannon Potatoes
- 5: potatoes
- Kosher salt
- 6: tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2: leeks, white and pale-green parts only, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2: garlic cloves, sliced
- 2: cups shredded savoy cabbage
- 1¼: cups milk
- ½: cup heavy cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1: scallion, thinly sliced
How to Make Colcannon Potatoes
- Half boil the potatoes with salt until a knife slides easily through the flesh.
- Drain, let cool slightly, and peel.
- Melt 4 Tbsp. butter in a pan.
- Add leeks and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, add half cabbage and cook, stirring constantly.
- Add milk and cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add potatoes and remaining cabbage, then coarsely mash with a potato masher.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer colcannon to a large bowl.
- Serve with remaining butter and sprinkle with scallion.