Looking for a tasty alternative to meat and potatoes meals? Try some vegetarian recipes, starting with this colorful pasta dish. Colorful Vegetarian Linguine is a hearty supper that takes advantage of fresh mushrooms, zucchini and other vegetables.
Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Makes: 6 servings
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces reduced-fat provolone cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the zucchini, mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter and oil for 3-5 minutes. Add the tomato, basil, salt and pepper; cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Drain linguine; add to vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses and toss to coat.
1-1/2 cups: 243 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.