A few months ago, I received a recipe request for a Korean corn cheese recipe. I heard about it here and there a few times, but I couldn’t remember having it myself.
I immediately looked at it to find out what it was.
WHAT IS KOREAN CORN CHEESE?
Korean corn cheese is basically a casserole of baked corn and cheese. It’s topped with creamy mayonnaise and a little sugar. And it’s baked over melted butter, so it smells good too!
At the end of cooking, all you need to do is remove the cheesy corn with a spoon or fork and then put it in your mouth. You can also use it as a dip or on crackers. It’s pretty versatile that way.
So finally, I decided to give it a go and I had a lot of fun doing it!
I think it’s a perfect snack! It would go particularly well with some cold beers. MDR.
It’s loaded with cheese and coated in butter, so it’s very tasty and smells hot and heavenly! It also has a sweet note at the same time which gives a more complex flavor.
Also Read: Corn Salad
Although my husband thought it was like eating Korean pizza toppings without a pizza base, because most Korean pizzas are covered in sweet corn!
Either way, whether you decide to serve this corn cheese with other main dishes or as a snack, it will be a great side dish. Hope you will give it a try soon. Your young and old will love it!
CORN CHEESE INGREDIENTS, 2 TO 4 SERVINGS
- 1 1/2 cups sweet corn kernels (in a 420 g / 0.9 pound can), drained with water
- (optional) 40 g / 1.4 ounce colored peppers (bell peppers), diced
- 15 g / 0.5 oz of butter (I used salted butter)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- A few flakes of parsley flakes
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon of sugar (I used raw sugar)
- A few pinches of fine sea salt
- A few pinches of ground black pepper
* 1 tablespoon = 15 ml, 1 cup = 250 ml
HOW TO MAKE CORN CHEESE
1. Combine sweetcorn, peppers and seasoning sauce in a bowl and mix well.
2. Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter and let it melt. Simmer the heat, add the seasoned sweet corn and pepper mixture (from step 1) and gently spread it around the pan.
3. Sprinkle cheese and parsley flakes on top of corn mixture and cover. Cook it again on the stove until the cheese is melted (4 to 5 min). Also, you can bake it in the oven (220 C / 428 F) until the cheese is melted (about 5 min). Use the grill / grill if you want to brown the cheese.