- 2 cup yellow corn (I am using frozen corn)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (coarsely ground, saunf)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ginger (grated, adrak)
- 1 Tbsp green chili (finely chopped, hari mirch)
- 1 Tbsp cilantro (finely chopped, hara dhania)
- 1 tsp mango powder (amchoor)
- 1/4 cup rice flour (chawal ka atta)
- oil to fry
Directions of Making Corn Cutlets or Corn Fritters
1Defrost the corn, and pat dry. Then blend the corn to coarse paste without adding any water. Transfer the paste to a large mixing bowl. Add all the spices, ginger, fennel, coriander, green chili, mango powder and salt, mix it well.
2Add rice flour to the corn mixture, mix it well. Mixture should hold together, and consistency should be like a soft dough. If needed add little more rice flour.
3Wash and grease your palm lightly, divide the dough into 12 equal parts and shape the into bullets. Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Oil should be moderately hot. To check the oil, drop a little piece of mixture, mixture should sizzle and come up. Drop the rolls slowly into it, taking care not to overlap them.
4Fry the cutlets until they are golden brown, turning occasionally. This should take about 6-7 minutes. Take them out over a paper towel.