Corn was born to America, but is now grown throughout the world. It is used as a vegetable and eaten with butter. It is a snack with a twist. It’s a great substitute to your regular namkeen and let me warn you, this snack can get quite addictive.
- Prep Time –10 minutes
- Cook Time- 20 minutes
- Total Time- 30 minutes
Ingredients Of Cornflakes Chivda
- 2 cups Makka Poha
- 1/2 cup Peanuts
- 20-25 Curry Leaves
- 2-3 Green Chilli Slit into half
- 1/4 cup Cashew Nuts
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1 tbsp Oil Plus for frying
ALSO READ: Malai Ladoo (Diwali Special)
Instructions Of Cornflakes Chivda
- Heat the frying oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, simmer on low heat and fry the poha until it is crisp.
- Drain on a plate lined with fabric. Fry the peanuts in the same oil until they are golden and crisp. Drain on a plate lined with fabric.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a saucepan. When the oil is hot, add the curry leaves and green pepper and fry until crisp.
- Add the cashews and raisins and fry them until they turn brown. Add turmeric powder and red pepper powder and fry for a few seconds.
- Now add the maka poha and the fried peanuts and mix well. Add salt to taste and chaat masala and mix well.