I like to serve these prunes stuffed with cream cheese garnished with almonds as part of a cheese platter, accompanying them with slices of cheese, a bowl of diced prunes and a bowl of almonds whole for the perfect snack tray.
Ingredients Of Cream Stuffed Prunes (Calcium Rich)
- 20 prunes
- 250 ml Samo’s sweet dry wine
- 250 g greek yogurt
- 250 g tahini (paste of sesame seeds)
- 150 g almond flakes
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
Also Read: Caribbean Cup (Calcium Rich)
Directions Of Cream Stuffed Prunes (Calcium Rich)
- Put the wine and the prunes in a bowl (preferably a glass) and let them soak for 3 to 4 hours. Mix the tahini with the Greek yogurt.
- Place this mixture in a frosting bag and refrigerate for one hour. Place a piece of waxed paper in an ovenproof dish and cover with almond flakes.
- Cook until golden brown (oven at 170 C). Drain the prunes and let them dry, open a small hole on the top of each prune using a small knife and fill one by one with the yogurt-tahini mixture.
- Warm the wine and thicken with the cornstarch (dilute with a tablespoon of water before adding it to the wine).
- Let it cool. Then add a few tablespoons to the stuffed prunes, sprinkle with almond flakes and serve.