This Creamy Chicken pot pie with puff pastry and vegetables is comfort food. Perfect for any party sizzler.
PREP TIME- 25 mins
COOK TIME- 40 mins
TOTAL TIME- 1 hr 5 mins
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken Potpies
- 2 x 320g rolls of ready-rolled puff pastry
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3 carrots
- 3 potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 ½ cups
- 50g butter
- 1 large onion
- 50g all-purpose flour
- 300ml milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 egg
HOW TO MAKE Creamy Chicken Potpies
- Preheat the oven and Line a pie dish with one roll of the puff pastry.
- Prick the base with a fork and line the pastry with baking parchment so that it completely covers the pastry, then fill with baking beans and place in the oven to ‘blind bake’ for 10 minutes.
- Place the chicken, carrots, potatoes, salt, pepper, thyme and stock to a large saucepan.
- Bring to the boil for 15 minutes. When the chicken is nearly cooked, take another pan and add in the butter and chopped onion. Heat them about 8 min.
- Add in the flour and mix it into the onions and butter untill form into a creamy paste.
- Then add in a ladle of the stock from the chicken broth. Stir the broth into the mixture using the whisk. Put in the milk. Heat through whilst stirring with the whisk. The sauce should thicken as it is heating. When the sauce is almost at boiling add in the chicken and veggies.
- After boiling add in half the lemon juice. Add the rest of the lemon juice.
- Remove the baking beans and baking parchment from the pie and fill the pie up with the chicken mixture.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with egg wash, then top the pie with the remaining piece of pastry.
- Now seal the edges of the pie , then brush the top with more egg wash and put small holes in the top of the pie with a sharp knife.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately with some green veg.