This recipe is really easy to make either spicy or mild and tastes fantastic either way. This easy to make Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry is a healthy vegan dinner or lunch receipe.
Ingredients of Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry
- 2 tablespoons oil or Ghee
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼–¾ tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 13.5 ounce can coconut milk
How to Make Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry
- Heat the oil and stir fry onions and add the garlic, ginger and carrots, saute 5 minutes.
- Add all the spices, salt and tomato paste after that add the water.
- Add the brown tentils, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and add other veggies- peas, cauliflower, or a handful of spinach to wilt.
- Add salt and garam masala and chilli flakes.
- The Coconut Lentil Curry will thicken slightly as it cools.
- Serve over a bed of baby spinach.