This popular European vegan recipe contains all the ingredients that make an excellent carbonara; Pieces of “bacon” created from shiitake mushrooms, a creamy sauce made from almond milk, nutritional yeast and lots of vegetables.
Ingredients Of Creamy Pasta Carbonara
2 tbs olive oil
1 onion sliced
1 garlic clove crushed
4 bacon rashers rindless sliced
250 g mushrooms
1/2 cup white wine
300 ml cream
1 egg beaten
250 g fettuccine cooked
Method Of Creamy Pasta Carbonara
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, then sauté the onion and garlic until tender.
- Add the bacon and cook until it begins to brown, then stir in the mushrooms and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in wine and cream, bring to a boil and reduce heat, simmer until thickened.
- Stir in egg, salt and pepper, stirring constantly, simmering for 30 seconds.
- Stir through the cooked pasta.
- Serve with garlic bread and a green salad.