Impress your family with these delicious homemade fish burgers, complete with a crunchy panko coating and rich and creamy cabbage slaw and mayonnaise sauce.
Ingredients Of Crumbed fish burgers with cabbage slaw
- 500 gram skinless firm white fish fillets, sliced into 8 portions
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- 4 long bread rolls
- fries, to serve
Slaw and mayo
- 1/2 small red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon chopped dill
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
ALSO READ: Jerk fish & slaw salad cups
Direction Of Crumbed fish burgers with cabbage slaw
1. Coat the fish with flour, shaking off the excess. Dip in egg and coat press in breadcrumbs to coat.
2. Place on a pan and refrigerate until necessary.
3 Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrot and green onion.
4. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in dill and chilli. Season.
5. In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat until a few crumbs are added. Fry the fish for 2 minutes on each side until golden and just cooked. Drain on paper towels.
6. Fill the rolls with coleslaw and pieces of fish. Garnish with mayonnaise and serve with fries