These cookies are similar to Anzac cookies, but are not as hard. They are very quick to prepare and go well with a cup of tea. This crunchy bar is also for you! Yes, a bar of sweet oatmeal that appeals to both drug addicts and health buffs!
- Prep Time-10 mins
- Cook Time-30 mins
- Total Time-40 mins
Ingredients Of Crunchies
- 6 ounce 170grams butter
- 11/2 tablespoon golden syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup 100grams granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup 50grams brown sugar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dry shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 cups of oats
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon spice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg spice
ALSO READ: Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake
Instructions Of Crunchies
- Prepare an 8×8 or 9×13 baking pan / baking pan if you want thin crunchies – grease or spray with cooking oil.
- Put aside Melt the butter, syrup, brown sugar, sugar and salt in a saucepan until they are completely melted.
- You can do this in a microwave safe bowl. Then add baking soda. Mix. combine all the other ingredients in a large bowl – rolled oats, flour, coconut, sliced almonds and spices. Mix well.
- Pour the butter mixture into the bowl of oatmeal mixture, mix well. Press the mixture into a greased dish.
- You can use parchment paper to smooth it. Start cooking at 325 degrees F for about 10-15 minutes, then finish at 300 degrees for another 10 minutes or until golden, depending on your oven.
- Start checking after 20 minutes.
- Remove, allow to cool completely, then cut into squares and serve.
- You can keep in an airtight container for up to a week