Crunchy Drops (Recipe for Toddlers): A delicious snack for packed lunch which your child will surely enjoy in his play school!
Preparation Time: 5 mins Cooking Time: 15 mins Total Time: 20 mins Makes 40 drops
2 tbsp yellow moong dal (split yellow gram) , soaked and coarsely ground
1/4 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
1 tbsp bajra (black millet) flour
1/2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp finely chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
1 tbsp sesame seeds (til)
2 tsp oil
salt to taste
1/2 tsp oil for kneading
oil for deep frying
Read Also: Dal and Vegetable Soup ( Baby and Toddler)
Method To Make Crunchy Drops
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and knead into soft dough adding enough water. Cover with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 25 to 30 minutes
- Knead the dough again using oil till smooth.
- Divide into 2 equal portions and roll each portion into a thin circle.
- Cut drop shapes using a cookie cutter or any other mould and deep fry till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Keep aside to cool, on cooling they will turn crisp.
- Crunchy Drops are ready. Store in an airtight container and use as required.