Cucumber, Tomato and Peanuts in Sweet and Sour Dressing: Fresh cucumber and tomatoes in a sweet sour dressing with crunchy peanuts.
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 4 servings
3 1/2 cups cucumber , cut into thin strips and halved
1 cup tomatoes , cut into segments
4 tbsp peanuts , coarsely crushed
For The Dressing
6 garlic (lehsun) cloves (lehsun)
4 green chillies , chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sugar
For The Garnish
1 tbsp coarsely crushed peanuts
For the dressing
- Pound the garlic and green chillies in a mortar.
- Mix with the lemon juice, soya sauce and sugar.
How to proceed
- Mix the cucumbers and tomatoes with the dressing and toss well.
- Finally add the peanuts, turn once and refrigerate.
- Serve chilled garnished with peanuts.
- Instead of cutting it into strips, grate the cucumber using a large grater.