Cucumber Pickle is popular in summer season. It keeps body cool.
INGREDIENTS of Cucumber Pickle
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vinegar (apple cider, white, and rice wine are all good)
- 1/3 cup sugar (optional)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- sliced garden cucumbers (about 2 cups)
- sliced onion or green onion (about 1/2 cup)
- additional vegetables if you want
INSTRUCTIONS of Cucumber Pickle
- In a small bowl, add the water, vinegar, sugar and salt. Stir to combine and until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Add the cucumber and onion. Taste and adjust the ingredients as desired.
- All cucumbers should be covered with brine, if you have a lot of cucumbers or make a large batch, make more brine.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat.
- Flavors develop over time, so overnight soaking is excellent, but mine is normally gone for dinner.
- White vinegar is the traditional vinegar for this recipe and a great place to start. If you know that you like apple cider or rice wine vinegar they are also good.
- The pickles will last at least a week in the fridge but get less crisp as time goes on.