Curry and rice, the perfect combination! Curry doria consists of a thick curry sauce over a steaming bed of rice. To make it even better, it’s covered with melted cheese and a lightly browned top!
Ingredients for Curry Doria
- 1/2 pound ground beef, pork, or a mix of the two
- 1 large onion
- 1 large carrot
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley
Direction for Curry Doria
- Preheat the oven to the grill.
- Chop the vegetables. Brown the onions in a pan.
- Add the meat and cook until golden brown.
- Add the carrot, chicken broth, curry, ketchup salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Butter the ramekins, then spread the rice, sauce, cheese and parsley.
- Grill for 5 minutes.