Dal Bafla is a dish originating from the heart of India, that is to say from Madhya Pradesh. It is similar to the staple food of Rajasthani dal baati or the signature litti of Bihari.
- PREP TIME:20 MINUTES
- COOK TIME:1 HOUR 20 MINUTES
- TOTAL TIME:1 HOUR 40 MINUTES
INGREDIENTS of Daal Bafla
- 1¾ cup wheat flour
- ¼ cup suji
- 3 tbsp ghee
- ¼ tsp turmeric / haldi
- ¼ tsp ajwain / carom seeds
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- water to knead
- ghee for roasting
- ½ cup moong dal
- ¼ cup masoor dal
- ¼ cup chana dal
- 3 cup water
- 3 tsp ghee
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp cumin
- pinch hing
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
How to Make Daal Bafla
Take 1¾ cup wheat flour and ¼ cup rava in a bowl.
Add 3 tbsp ghee, ¼ tsp turmeric, ¼ tsp ajwain, ¼ tsp baking soda and ½ tsp salt.
Add water as required and knead the dough.
Make a small ball sized dough and roll.
Boil for 15 minutes.
drain off the bafla into a plate.
Now in a tawa heat 2 to 3 tbsp off ghee and roast bafla until it turns golden brown.
Now take all daal and wash them properly.
- now put daal into cooker and put water and salt, turmeric in cooker.
- After 3 or 4 whistle, off the gas and after 10 min open the cooker.
- Now take a pan and pour some ghee mustered, cumin and hing in ghee.
- Put chopped ginger garlic paste and chopped onion.
- When onion turns golden brown put tomatoes and chilli in them.
- Now put kashmiri red chilli powder and garam masala, when ghee is coming put daal in the pan.
- Add some water and boil properly.
- Now our daal bafla is ready to serve with corriander leaves.