Date cream cheese will fulfill your baby’s daily calcium requirements, as babies by the time they are 7 months old tire of milk. This recipe almost fulfils your baby’s daily requirements of calcium along with that of vitamin a.
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 0.25 cups
1 cup milk
1 to 2 tsp lemon juice
1 to 2 dates (khajur) , soaked and pureed
1 tsp sugar
- Bring the milk to a boil and keep aside for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and stir the milk. If the milk does not curdle completely, add the other teaspoon of lemon juice and allow it to curdle completely. The whey should be transparent.
- Strain the solids through a muslin cloth, keeping the whey aside.
- Put the strained cream cheese in a blender and blend to make a smooth paste, adding more whey if you need to thin down the consistency of the cream cheese. Allow it to cool slightly.
- Add the pureed dates and sugar and blend again to a smooth puree. Date cream cheese is ready. Serve immediately.
Nutrient values 0.25 cup
|Vit A||332.6 mcg|
|Vit C||10.1 mg|
|F Acid||11.2 mcg|