Janmashtami is celebrated by Hindus and Krishna followers all over the world and the festival celebrations involve fasting and the preparation of special foods preferred by the beloved God. Of all the prasads prepared on this pious day, dhaniya panjiri is considered to be one of the most important prasads.
Ingredients of Dhaniya Panjiri
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 2 cups Dhaniya powder
- 1/2 cup Makhane
- 10-12 Cashew nuts (crushed)
- 10-12 Almonds (Crushed)
- 1/2 cup Dry coconut (Grated)
- 1/2 cup Powdered sugar
How To Make Dhaniya Panjiri
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in a pan.
- Fry the cashews and almonds until lightly golden.
- Remove from the ghee and set aside. In the same ghee, toast the makhane until crispy. Remove from the pan and roughly grind.
- Heat 1/4 cup of ghee in a skillet. Add the coriander powder and roast over low heat until fragrant and golden. Keep stirring constantly.
- Add the toasted cashews, almonds and makhane.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Once the mixture has cooled completely, add the powdered sugar and the grated coconut and mix well.
- Store the panjiri in an airtight container for up to a week.