Doodhi, a watery vegetable, is ideal for making soups for babies! It helps to fulfil their water requirement in an easy-to-digest and soothing form. The bland taste of doodhi is also liked by babies. We have pressure cooked, blended and strained the Doodhi Soup to make it easier for the child to consume and digest. Since salt is not recommended by paediatricians at this age, we have not added any. If there is any leftover, you can drink it up with a little salt and pepper too, but not for your baby!
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 0.75 cup
3/4 cup peeled and roughly chopped bottle gourd (doodhi / lauki)
- Combine the bottle gourd and ¾ cup of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Strain the mixture using a strainer.
- Doodhi Soup is ready. Serve lukewarm.
|Value per cup||% Daily Values|
|Vitamin A||5.1 mcg||0%|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||0 mg||0%|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0 mg||0%|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||0.2 mg||2%|
|Vitamin C||10.8 mg||27%|
|Vitamin E||0 mg||0%|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)||6.4 mcg||3%|