Drumstick pickle is very delicious. Only raw drumstick .i.e. without seeds and soft drumsticks are required for making pickle.
Ingredients for Drumstick Pickle
- Drumsticks- 1 kilogram, cut into 1 ½ inch long pieces
- Sesame oil- 1 cup
- Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds- 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida- 1 teaspoon
- Garlic- 1/2 cup
- Dried red chillies- 10
- Tamarind pulp- 1/4 cup
- Turmeric powder- 2 teaspoons
- Salt- 1/4 cup
- Red chilli powder- 3/4 cup
How to Make Drumstick Pickle
- Heat sesame oil in a pan.
- Add drumstick pieces, stir, cover and cook low heat for five minutes stirring in between.
- Remove the drumstick pieces.
- Heat the remaining sesame oil in the same pan.
- Add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, asafoetida, garlic, red chillies, tamarind pulp, turmeric powder and salt, mix well.
- Add drumsticks and red chilli powder and cook till it thickens.
- Cool and store it in a dry glass jar.