This dry black chickpeas curry is usually cooked on Ashtami. Sukha Kala Chana Masala Recipe is a delicious and super healthy dish. Kala Chana is also rich in calcium and iron. The vitamin C in kala chana helps improve the absorption of iron in the blood.
Ingredients of Dry Kala Chana Masala
- 1 cup Kala Chana, soaked overnight
- 1 tbs ghee
- 1/2 tbs Jeera
- 1 tbs Amchur
- 1 tbs Chaat Masala Powder
- 1 tbs Red Chilli powder
- 1 tbs Cumin powder
How to make Dry Kala Chana Masala
- Kala chana is soaked overnight.
- At morning transfer it into a pressure cooker with water and salt.
- About 6 whistles and turn off the flame.
- Open the cooker after pressure is released and drain off the excess water from the kala chana.
- Heat a pan with ghee, add the cumin seeds, add ginger and green chillies.
- Add amchur powder, coriander powder, chaat masala, and cumin powder.
- Add boiled kala chana. Give it a good stir until the masala gets well coated into the kala chana.
- Once done, turn off the heat, transfer the Sukha Kala Chana into a serving bowl and serve as a prasad in navratri.